Happy Fourth of July!
Please remember to pray for our country's government today as we celebrate the founding of our nation. If we ever needed revival in America, it is today! The only way our country has a chance to get back on track, is if Christians start living lives set apart from the world and telling others about the only one who can save them, Jesus Christ!
Please also remember to pray for the brave people who are fighting for our freedoms, even while some are criticizing them for their heroic actions!
God Bless America!
May He turn our country back to him!


5 comments:
I'm not trying to be controversial or anything, but is it really true that God needs to turn America back to Himself? America has forsaken Him therefore she has been abandoned by God.
I do agree on the fact though, that Christians are America's only hope and it's going to take the work of Christians to bring America back.
Well, God doesn't need to in that he's somehow required to or must do it for his own necessity but I think what Jack is saying is that, if this country is to survive, God needs to turn it back to himself because otherwise, we're heading right for the tubes just like Rome, Greece, and all the other great civilizations.
I think that today is a really good day to consider how when our founders trusted in God, we were blessed more abundantly then we could ever hope for but now that America is turning from God, our country is no longer enjoy his protection and blessings...
You know, Jack never said that God needed to turn our nation back to Him. In fact, if we are to be strictly honest with ourselves, God didn't need to provide salvation to man. But He did it anyway out of His great love and mercy coupled with His infinite sense of justice.
Many people have many good ideas about what it will take to bring our country back to the summit of global leadership. But as Jack properly said, the only way to truly change this country-and many folks in politics will tell you they are there to make a difference-is to share the redeeming Gospel of Jesus Christ with those around us.
If we're going to set about changing a country, we're going to have to start changing our hearts and minds about Christ.
Let's be more than just flag waving Americans this 4th of July. Let's be active and involved citizens and Christians, ready to do battle for Christ and Country.
I am a Christian, I'm an American, and I'm a Republican, in that order.
>>You know, Jack never said that God needed to turn our nation back to Him.
Yeah when I went back and re-read his post I noticed that.
In any event, we had a great time this afternoon with the pastor of the church we're currently going to and his family who came over to our house this afternoon so even though we can't shoot off fireworks (due to NJ being the second most liberal colony in the union) we had a great time. :)
The way I was looking at it was like this: No, God is not going to turn people's minds and hearts towards him. He lets people make their own free choices. But what does your father do to try to change your hearts and minds when you are wrong? Right, he uses love, and when that won't work, he uses correction. (Which really is still love.)
So I am asking that God give America a reminder of where she started and the wrong that has brought her to our current state of affairs. Now, that is a scary wish I know, because God's correction can be an awful thing. But I believe that his correction has already started, and I hope that Americans will only heed the warnings so that He doesn't completely turn his back on our nation!
Post a Comment