Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Young's Visit
-
One of the most delightful things about the Christmas season is time spent with family. Mother's sister and her family came and spent some time with us, on their way to Iowa.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many kids do they have?

Anonymous said...

Somehow i get the feeling they're Colts fans?????!!!!! I am too!

:):)Stepheny

Anonymous said...

Lol...Stephany beat me to that comment. I'm not into football at all but my online Physics teacher is a big Colts fan and I've heard alot of good things about their Coach so that's great. Looks like you all had a great family sleepover. :)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous,

I would love to answer your simple question, but we have a policy that we do not answer anonymous questions just to avoid any trouble.

I completely understand if you forgot to include your name.

Just throw us another comment with your title, and we will be glad to answer!

Of course, if you do not wish to give out your name online, that is fine also and it is totally up to you either way.

Thanks for viewing the blog!

Jack McDonnell

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are Colts fans.

But the Bears is the team to go for! :o) (BTW, I am not biased at all!)

Unless you are from Indiana or a long time fan of the Colts, I would have to say that you are a bit fair-weather due to their recent Super Bowl win.

Realize though, the only other team to make it to the last round was the Bears! :o)

I can't hold the Bears up too much this year though, they haven't been doing so well. But I am not switching to a different team because of it!

Loyalty is at stake here!

Enough said.
Jack McD

Monica Mulder said...

Hey, looks like you guys had fun! How many boys can you fit into one room? :) It was good to see them at church tonight.

Monica Mulder said...

Oh, by the way, that's a cute picture of the boys in cowboy hats - is that Caleb Young and who else? I can't keep track of who is who!

Monica

Anonymous said...

I think the other one is Connor. :)

Anonymous said...

Monica,

That would be Timothy and Benjamin who were so enthralled with my cowboy hats.

As for the number of boys we fit into one room that night, ummm...hmmmm the total would be eleven! I think we set a record. :o)

Anonymous said...

Jack,

I didn't think it relevant to sign my name because, although I know you, you do not know me. My name is Julie Darr and I am from Sacramento, California. I know your family from when you were in California. In fact, I remember when you were born! Your family moved shortly therafter.

Your father was my 7th grade math teacher. I remember him to be an energetic and enthusiastic teacher. To this day, I remember the song he made up to help us remember Proverbs 3:5-7.

I remember your mother to be an absolutely beautiful woman--both inside and out. I really admired her and remember her to be very loving, compassionate and kind. I had, and still do have, tremendous respect for her.

I am now married with 2 young children of my own. Isaac is 3 and Hannah is 15 months. As I begin my own parenting journey, I am intrigued by your family's adventures.

Also, I want to clarify that I am not the author of all your anonymous posts. I have posted twice: once to Kaity regarding her news about Brent, and now this time. If I do post in the future, I will be sure to sign my name.

God bless.

Julie Darr

Unknown said...

Mrs. Darr,

That is so interesting that you have been viewing the blog and know our family from back in CA.

Yes, it is true that I don't remember anything from my birth place seeing as we left when I was still quite young. But my parents still talk about the friends that they had while they were out on the west coast!

Actually, it isn't altogether out of the ordinary to have someone viewing the blog whom I have never met. We actually have several hundred viewers and although we tried to name as many as we could think of...there are many whom we do not know :o) It is kind of fun really!

Just as long as our family blog is a blessing to other folks who like to keep up-to-date with us it is worth the work put into it!

My mom said to say hi to you as well. She was surprised to hear that you were viewing the blog!

Even though my dad hasn't taught a formal math class in a long while, he still is a great help to us children when we are stumped with a tough problem. He makes it seem soooo easy!

We are always glad to hear from a fellow Christian!

God bless you and your family!

Jack McDonnell for the McDonnell Family

P.S. The Youngs have seven children :o) With our clan and them combined, it makes for a very full house!

Psalm 127:3-5