Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas Recital 07'




Yup, it rolled around again! Our annual piano recital which our teacher so faithfully holds every December. We had about 25 students that performed this year including Emily and myself.



Emily played a beautiful version of "Ring The Bells" to finish the evening of music and she did a wonderful job of it!




Don't you love the serious expressions? Yuck! :o)

Liz with Andrea, one of her violin students that played in the recital.


Alexandra and Elizabeth played a fast paced violin/piano piece that would make you dizzy just watching their fingers!

Emily and Adrianna visiting after the recital was over.


And of course, we had to have a picture of our sweet piano teacher, Mrs. Williamson! She is so encouraging at every lesson we have together, it is a blessing to be able to learn from her!


7 comments:

Anna Joy said...

Nice expressions! :-D I always bite my lip the whole time I'm playing. :) Well, I think it HELPS!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about serious expressions! I make them ALL the time!!!! :-) We just had ours too and I caught myself from almost sticking my toung out from consentration...... I LOVE anything that has to do with music!

:+)Steph

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun. Please tell Mrs. Williamson I said 'hi'. We haven't seen her in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought you looked fine in that picture Jack...almost Presidential with the suit, tie, and American Flag in back. :D

Anwyay that's great you had a good recital. Is there any way you could send me an audio clip of it?

Unknown said...

OK, I am glad the serious "thing" is not just my particular ailment! :O)

I will try to remember to give a howdy to Mrs. Williamson Autumn. We almost didn't have anybody to play without music this year, until Matthew Arnold decided that he could do it without his pages in front of him! He did a good job too!

But David, I don't know if you WANT to hear audio of it. Emily's piece went wonderful, Lizzy did great on the violin...but I hit some really bad "klinkers"...we will have to see if I send that to you or not!

Anonymous said...

Well whatever you did it would sound better than me playing the piano. lol.

Anna Joy said...

I don't think ANYTHING could be as bad as what happened to me a couple years ago....I had a seven page piece, and half way through the second page, ALL my hair which had been securely (I thought) pinned up, fell down! I couldn't decide whether to keep playing and pretend like I didn't notice, or stop, or what! It was horrible, I think I may be permanently scarred. :-D Thank goodness I can laugh at myself, because I've done some pretty strange things! :)

Psalm 127:3-5