Thursday, September 27, 2007

Some thoughts on the time of harvest.



As the dried out fields of corn begin to fall under the blades of the combines, I can't help but think of the scriptures pertaining unto the time of harvest.
v
Not in the fleshly harvest of food, but the harvest of men's lost souls, redeemed to everlasting life with Jesus, their Saviour.




Matthew 9:37-38

Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.


John 4:35

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, I like that first photo because back in the spring you took photo of the exact same scene except the corn was green and still growing.

Jack McDonnell said...

Did I? I will have to look back at my own blog! :o)

Karisse Wesco said...

Oh, I love the fall season--very nice pictures. Speaking of fall, I can't believe this year is already drawing to a close. The Lord is good!

Jack McDonnell said...

Trivia fact for our readers!

To get these three pictures of the beautiful fields in all their harvesting glory, I had to climb to the tip-top of one of our trees.

So, that explains the leaves in the corners of each picture!

Actually, I don't know how smart I was to try something like that! I was balancing all my weight on two spindly little branches that were about and inch in diameter! If I had fallen all that distance to the ground...think of the terrible loss!! My poor camera! :oP

Anonymous said...

Lol...yeah what a horrible loss - your camera might have been broken!!! :D

I've actually been up in a tree a couple times when the branch I was standing on gave way so I have some experience with that. Thankfully both times I was only 7 or 8 feet off the ground but still it's pretty scary when you hear it give way.

Anonymous said...

I love the last photo. I thought it was from your room, but I guess that barn window is a little close for that. It finally feels like fall here. We had 91 degrees yesterday and 70 today! PTL!

Psalm 127:3-5