Our local library had a "Laura Ingalls Wilder Party", this week. They asked Lizzie to come and play her "fiddle" for everyone. Em and Mother went along and snapped a few pictures.
-
- Craft time -
Laura Ingalls Wilder:-) -
-
Elizabeth and Mrs. Wolfe, who was in charge of the event.
Well, about 2 weeks before the activity, Mrs. Wolfe gave me a list of the songs that were actually mentioned in the Little House books, and then I looked to see if I could find the music for them. I was supposed to be like Pa Ingalls when he played the fiddle. Unfortunatly I don't look like Pa...or maybe I should say fortunatly, I don't look like him. ha!
Really what I did was play background music while the children 'churned' butter and made cornhusk dolls and things like that. It was nothing fancy, just real simple little kid songs, like ,"Pop! Goes the Weasel", "Oh Susanna", "Yankee Doodle", and "The Irish Washerwoman." It was pretty fun though! And the little kiddies liked it, so that's all that mattered. :0)
5 comments:
How neat! What did you play, Liz?
Very exciting! I also am curious as to what you played, Liz. I'm sure you did a splendid job!
Well, about 2 weeks before the activity, Mrs. Wolfe gave me a list of the songs that were actually mentioned in the Little House books, and then I looked to see if I could find the music for them. I was supposed to be like Pa Ingalls when he played the fiddle.
Unfortunatly I don't look like Pa...or maybe I should say fortunatly, I don't look like him. ha!
Really what I did was play background music while the children 'churned' butter and made cornhusk dolls and things like that. It was nothing fancy, just real simple little kid songs, like ,"Pop! Goes the Weasel", "Oh Susanna", "Yankee Doodle", and "The Irish Washerwoman." It was pretty fun though! And the little kiddies liked it, so that's all that mattered. :0)
Very neat!! I'm sure our little girls would have enjoyed it.
And no, you don't look like Pa. I think in your case, it would be fourtunatly! :-)
That's so cool that you play the violin. I play the piano and the guitar!
Visit my blog anytime,
Stacie
Post a Comment