Summer Reading Program...
-
The kids joined the summer reading program at the library, last week. Most of them enjoy reading to begin with, but the little rewards they receive at the library make it even more enjoyable! :-D
This afternoon, Mother and I loaded up the 7 youngest and brought them to turn in their points and get another batch of books....
-
5 comments:
Well do I remember being that age and eagerly awaiting the beginning of the summer reading programs! It was always such fun--nothing like getting rewarded for something you love doing anyway!
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm sure they're enjoying it!
We used to do the "book-it" program at Pizza Hut. It was fun! If you read so many books, you got a free personal pan pizza. They got a little "nosy" about home-school though, so we thought it better to not do it anymore, but it was fun while it lasted!
That's a great idea - getting rewards is a really good motivator.
Krissy,
Yeah we also did that, but we only did it once (I'm not sure why we stopped). It was fun getting the pizza, though. :-)
-Jonathan
Jack,
Can you email me when you have time my email is wesing10@ccia.com
JEREMIAH
Yep, we did the Pizza Hut thing and they were very good at least at the place we went about us being Homeschooled. I don't even know if they asked what school we went to or not.
In any event, I've always loved reading and I know that it really helps with spelling and writing, not to mention that half the SAT is about Critical Reading so it's definitely very good stuff to be focusing on. :)
Post a Comment