Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A feathered friend

A few days ago we had a rare sighting at our house, a woodpecker!

Without many trees on our property, we almost never see woodpeckers or even most songbirds because the larger birds will drive them away.

I also like the woodpecker because of it's design. It can be used as a great fact of truth for the creationist world view! Truly the woodpecker with all it's marvelous features would be impossible to "evolve".

As you can see here, he decided to pose for the camera! :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that first picture there is great Jack! Did you take it yourself?

We have a few wood peckers around here mainly in the summer that look like that one.

Anonymous said...

That is a Flicker Woodpecker. It has a long tongue that runs up around the inside of its head that it uses to pick up ants from inside trees or on the ground. I saw one the other day out under a fir tree.

You got some good pictures of it!

~Nathaniel

Anna Joy said...

Oh, we had so many of those in Michigan! At first the noise they made scared me until I got used to it! The pictures are great!

Jack McDonnell said...

Yes David, thanks to my new camera with a 12x zoom I got close enough to snap that one!

Psalm 127:3-5