Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Baby Update...

At the last dr. appointment for Mother and the baby, Mom & Dad decided to get an ultrasound done. We were all eagerly anticipating the news, when they arrived home that evening.
You know, if anyone SHOULD be used to this it's us, but somehow it's always exciting.... baby, after baby, after baby!
So, dear readers, I'll announce it to you the way that Daddy did to us. He said, "It looks like we're going to need 7 brides for 7 brothers!"

Yes, it's another boy! As far as names go... that will have to be a surprise. You can imagine all of the opinions we have about that. :-)

He is due around 4th of July, so we only have about 11 weeks left before we can meet the little man!

14 comments:

Brian said...

Congratulations on learning your next sibling is a brother! My littlest sibling is due on July 4th, my birthday, but I don't know if I have a brother or sister on the way.

It would be neat if the latest McDonnell shared a birthday with the latest Sikma! Of course if they were born on the 4th of July, when the three of us got together we could brag about how the whole country acknowledges our birthday!

Katie said...

Congratulations!!I am sure you all are so excited on the new addition to your family. That is cute what your dad said about "seven brides for seven brothers." I love babies too, and there is certainly an excitement that comes from having a new member of the family.
Can't wait to see you!
~Katie

Anonymous said...

Yeah congratulations!! I wonder if you come cheaper by the baker's dozen... :D

Of course, though you didn't mention it, I know that if Jack has anything to do with his name, your new brother will probably be hearing "Uncle Sam" in a several years from all his nephews and nieces. :)

Kaity Gellos said...

Haha! Nope, I don't think we'll do the "Sam" thing if this child is indeed born on the 4th!

For years we have had someone telling us that we should name one of the boys "Ronald". Well, you can just imagine what teasing a child with the name "Ronald McDonnell" would get... especially if he was a redhead! :-)

Krissy Cooper said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Oh, BOY!!! I know ya'll are excited!!!
That's really cute how your dad chose to tell ya'll the baby's gender. :) 11 weeks........that really isn't that far away, is it?????

Anna Joy said...

Congratulations!
Are you all coming to the conferences at Fellowship this weekend???
~Anna~

Anonymous said...

I'm just showing Mama how to comment on your blog! :)

Kaity Gellos said...

Anna,

No, we won't be able to make it the conferences this weekend. :-(
We would really love to, but it just won't work out this time. Hopefully sometime soon!

-Kaitlyn

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Hey, Kaity!! I just had one of those 10:44 PM-after-a-looooooooong-day-at-church thoughts and I think it would be GREAT if you thunked on it awhile!!! Why don't ya'll have a "Name Our Baby" contest on this here blog and let your readers help choose a name for ya'll's baby!!! Is that a great idea or is that a great idea???? Great???? Yeah, I thought so too!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the news with us.

Why am I not surprised that it’s going to be a boy? ;D Although, I must say...(take it from one who has four nephews) little boys are so much fun!! I’m sure you all are excited!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm sure ya'll are really excited!!!! Seven boys is a lot of boys!! I thought we had quite a few with five but I guess not! -Susanna

Anonymous said...

You know something else that's good about it being a boy is that now Connor will have a little brother about his age to play with. I mean sure a little sister would be good too but as Jack once said, there's some things you just need a brother for. :)

Hannah said...

Congratulations guys! Keep 'em comin'! I have 5 brothers and it's a lot to keep up on, but it sure is fun! ( even though Mom won't let me wrestle them any more!)

Psalm 127:3-5