Friday, April 27, 2007

Before & After
(The story of a crumbling piano bench and its renewal.)







After many hours of sanding, polishing and correcting mistakes, I finally got our worn out piano bench back into a workable condition. I would play off a real piano bench rather than a straight backed chair any day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you did an awesome job Jack! Of course, I should point out though, that in the process you messed up all that wonderfully dinked up antique look that modern furniture makers are spending all their time trying to achieve! Oh well.... lol.

I always say that if somebody is going to take out a chizel and purposefully put dinks in a new piece of furniture to make it look antique, they should rather just let our family borrow it for a week or so and then it'll actually have a genuinely dinked up look. :D

Wesco said...

Good job Jack! I think God has blessed you with good handyman skills!

Chyrll said...

You did a great job on the piano bench! It looks really good.

Three Sisters Blog said...

Wow! The piano bench looks very nice, You did a great job:)

Hannah said...

Ya'll did a great job. Maybe you can convince Caleb to do ours! The one we have belongs to Rachel and she takes really good care of it, so it's not too bad - yet!

Psalm 127:3-5