Friday, November 30, 2007

Trip to Florida
-
Psalm 106:48

"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the Lord."
-
God is truly marvelous in all His ways and so much better to me than I could ever deserve. He brings events, situations and people into my life in His perfect timing and in His perfect way.
-
Our family had the privilege of meeting Rick's tour group this year and in time, the Lord led Brent Gellos (Rick's tour leader) and me to begin corresponding, with the blessing of our parents.
-
Recently, I spent a few days in Florida, meeting Brent's family and getting to know them better. I was also able to spend some time with Rick, who was performing in the opera, The Pirates of Penzance.
-
-At the opera.
-
Rick is playing a tuba (second row) in the band, before a soccer game.
-

With some of the family and extended family, at Brent's home.
- His mom, working on Thanksgiving dinner. (It was delicious!)
-
-
With my big bro. :-)
-

And here is the terrifying pirate, himself! Isn't it great?!
- Brent, with two of the guys (Abran and Jacob) that were in his tour group this past summer.
- We went to Mobile, AL with some of his friends, and toured an old WW2 battleship. It was gigantic! I guess I never pictured them quite so big or with so many levels. Incredible and lots of fun.
-
-
A beautiful FL sunset, at the beach!
-
We would appreciate it if you, our readers, would pray for Brent and me.
More than anything, we want God to be glorified through our lives.
-
Psalm 105:1
"O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people."

10 comments:

Monica Mulder said...

Hey Kaitlyn!

Looks like you had an awesome time in Florida! Are you sure that pirate is Rick?! It's hard to recognize him! Great makeup job!:) Looks like you had a great time with Brent. I'll be praying for you both.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's very exciting news. I'm happy for you. I know you'll seek God's path and that you'll follow wherever He leads you.

Rachel said...

You announced it! :-) (I thought you told me you were waiting until Christmas...) I'm praying for you both and I hope you'll have as good a time getting to know each other as Marty and I have had. (Now we REALLY will get to know each other!) :-)

spyder-slayer™ said...

My sincerest congratulations!!!

Karisse Wesco said...

Kaity, I'm very happy for you! May the Lord guide and bless you and Brent as you both seek to honor Him in all things.

Praying for you, dear friend.

Janai Fuentes said...

Looks like ya'll had a nice time!

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

Katie said...

Sorry, Kaity, I have meant to comment for so long now.

I enjoyed all the pics., and it looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the pic. of you and Brent when you were going to the Opera; you look gorgeous!

I am really happy for you and Brent! I'll be praying that God would continue to guide you both through your relationship as you seek Him.

~The Lord is good unto them that wait on Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. Lam.3:25

Anonymous said...

I like these pictures.

Grandpa Gellos

Anonymous said...

Great pic's! I'll be praying!

Steph

Psalm 127:3-5