Eli, getting intense in a round of "Balderdash"
Uncle Mark, making a point about a definition during the game of Balderdash. (He guessed my word choice correctly the first time! I had no idea that someone else knew what "Fundy" was! :o)
Meagan (cousin) Liz and Kait.
- Emmy and Laura working on their definitions.
Dad got a kick out of something! :o)
Trivia bit: Notice what the mug says that he is holding! :oP
While we were in Iowa, we celebrated three birthdays at once. Grandpa's, Uncle Mark's and Aunt Laurie's.
The Blurt champions!
Laura and Emily had a fun time together that week!
We also saw the first snow of the season! It covered everything for a little while, then melted off the next day.
Connor doing his best to "ham-up" the picture! They learn while they are still young!
Liz and Kait "watching" for children.
Dustin and Donovan are true Iowans, they both have already harvested a deer this year!
12 comments:
I love all the pictures! Looks like you had a fun time! I like the pic. of Kait and Liz "watching for the children". haha
Happy Thanksgiving to all the McDonnell!
Looking forward to seeing you all in just a few days!
~Katie
Hi Kaitlyn!
Look! I'm posting! The Thanksgiving pictures were great! But I'm still waiting to see more of them! Hint, hint!
Monica
What game were you guys playing in that movie clip?
The game is called "spoons"
Very fun, very fast, and also very loud if you are playing with girls! :o)
Looks like you all had a fun time! I know we all have fun with our cousins and family.
Fun pictures! Looks like you all had a very fun and enjoyable week.
And what do you mean, Jack, when you said "it is also very loud when you are playing with girls!?" ;)
Yeah those are terrific pics. Espescially the one of Sherlock Holmes II. That's classic. :D
Spoons is probably one of the loudest, least peaceful, and most fun games ever invented.
We also had quite a bit of snow here in NJ the Sunday before Thanksgiving so you weren't the only ones...must be all that global warming.
Anyway, looks like you all had a very good time with your relatives.
Spoons has to be the best game ever! I know someone who actually broke a table while playing - some people really take it seriously! :D
And, since we use plastic spoons when we play, a game is never complete unless we have a time of flipping the spoons at each other and smacking the "bowl" part if the spoon to see how far we can fling 'em!
Anyhoo ~ I love "spoons"!
OK, someone needs to tell me how to play "Spoons" we are always looking for new games. And the pictures are so very nice. It looks like you guys have a great family, which, in this day and age, is a very hard thing to find!
Alright I'll try to describe it as well as I can.
Setup : You get a spoon for every person who's playing except one. You then arrange these spoons so that they're equally accesible to everyone playing (we usually put them in a circle with the handles pointing out). Then you choose on person to be the dealer and he deals out four cards to each of the players. The dealer then puts the remaining deck on his right.
Gameplay: The dealer picks up a card from the deck, and then chooses one of his 5 cards (counting the one he just picked up) to pass to the person on his left. The person on his left then looks at that card and again chooses on to pass to the person on his left. This keeps going around until the person to the right of the dealer simply puts his cards in a discard pile next to the deck. Once the dealer has gone through the whole deck, he picks up from this stack.
Objective: The objective is to get 4 cards of the same number or face. So for example, four Jacks, four 2's, or four Aces. Once you have a set, you pick up a spoon. Once someone has picked up a spoon, everyone else is allowed to also pick one up. Since there is one fewer spoons then people, one person goes out. You then give them one of the spoons, and you keep going until only two people are playing and the one who wins that is the champion. :)
Alternate Twist: We also add a neat rule where nobody who is in the game may talk to someone who is out. If they do, they switch places with the person who is out. This gives the people who are out a chance to get back in the game by tricking one of the current players into talking with them.
Anyway...hope that answers your question.
I'm glad ya'll had a great Thanksgiving!! I LOVE Balderdash!!! I can usually fool folks into guessing my answers so, it's always fun to play a game where you have a pretty good chance of winning. LOL!!
Oh! Spoons!! I LOVE that game too!!! I didn't see the clip you had on it ( our computer probably wouldn't play it ), but I'm sure it would have been a sight to see. :)
Kaitlyn!! i'm commenting! yeah that was such fun having you all here for thanksgiving! We still need to talk! about your trip to Florida! =)... so give me a call sometime! Ben is coming for christmas day now...! i'm nervous!!
Post a Comment