Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Camping Trip!



We guys had our annual camping trip last week, despite the uncommonly hot weather for October. We did all sorts of activities and had a good time of conversation with some of our fellow Christians! Pictured above: Luke Berry cooks up the hot ham and cheese sandwiches for the whole group.


As hot as it was, the watermelon that Mr. Hayman brought was VERY appreciated!





A council of war with David, Brent and A.J. Nobody told them that their camo was un-matched and they were just fine with it. Just as long as it is camo! :o)

And of course, the time of sitting around the campfire, telling stories and playing around with flashlights!

The men, getting some relaxation, food and fellowship around the campfire.

A.J. and David consult the map before going into battle with the "enemy"





Obviously you can't have a get-together with guys without a football game! (They played camo versus non-camo.)


Luke hikes the ball back to Mark Ferry as Eli prepares for the attack.


A shot of the nice property we had the opportunity to camp on. Thanks to the Nymeyer's good hospitality.


"Look! What are you doing way up there Jack?" Yes, again I was dumb enough to put my camera in risk of falling from the heights of a tree, just to get an interesting shot! I will tell you one thing though, pine sap doesn't wash off very easily!


And cooking up the basic standard of all camp food....hot dogs.




9 comments:

Krissy Cooper said...

I don't know if it's just me or what, but I can only see the 7th and the 2 last pictures....

It looks (from what I can see) and sounds like you all had a good time. But I don't know...I think I would rather be with the girls and paint fingernails. :-)

Anonymous said...

All the pictures came up fine for me...maybe it was just a brief problem with Google's server.

Anyway, that looks like alot of fun. I espescially like that shot you took from the tree with everyone looking up at you like, "Yep, Jack's finally gone insane." lol.

And you're definitely right that pine sap is a pain to get off.

Rachel said...

I don't know if you'll know...but rub some baby oil (yuck i know, especially for guys) on the sap and it comes right out. We learned that trick from a logger. Anyway, looks like you'll had fun.

Krissy Cooper said...

I can see all the pictures now!

Anna Joy said...

Fun! I love camping with my brothers.....I just take my nail polish along with me! ;)

Janai Fuentes said...

It does look like fun! I Love being outdoors!! Even though we have never gone camping yet, my mom really wants to go, soon! I have a feeling that maybe next year, we'll get some stuff and go!
(Oh, brother, Anna!);)

Anonymous said...

My Lukie's in those camping pictures!!! I miss him! It looked like you all had an awesome time camping!
Lydia B. (I'm Luke's favorite sister!lol)

Jack McDonnell said...

Is that a matter of opinion or fact Lydia? :o)

I enjoyed meeting your brother and talking with him on the camping trip. He had some really funny stories to tell! Seems like a really great guy! Even if he couldn't get those clay pigeons to break with his beautiful shotgun! :oP

Elizabeth Forsythe said...

Okay... Lay off Jack1 (jk) I don't know about being the best brother, but Luke is definately the best brother-in-law!
Really enjoying the blog McD's! Keep it up!

Psalm 127:3-5