A Day at Deep River Park
On Saturday, some of us (Jack, Lizzie, Emily and I) had the privilege of getting together with some great young people from the Wesco and Walsh families.
We met the Wescos in 2004 at a family conference and were delighted to meet the Walsh family later that same year, at musicollege. What special friends they both have become. It's hard to remember what it was like before we knew them, now.
Some highlights from our time together...
Another shot of the girls.
Lizzie, Anna and Karisse.
Lots of laughter!
After the first round of Ultimate Frisbee, we cooled off for a few min. Check out all the water bottles.
Lawrence, planning his strategy for the next round of Ultimate.... or maybe, just enjoying the break.
Playing "I doubt it", a game that Wescos taught us.Thanks to everyone for the awesome day. We'll have to do it again sometime!










11 comments:
Really sorry we missed the fun.
Next time you're within 30 minutes of where the Sikma's live, please let us know about this sort of thing. We'd enjoy coming to be at such an event.
BTW: I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Ah Ha!!!
I now know who the cheaters were in that game of Mafia!!
Hmmmm...How did some of the girls know to smile for the camera!? Very interesting...
>> Playing "I doubt it", a game that Wescos taught us.
I doubt it. lol.
Anyway looks like you all had a great time. I can't imagine a bunch of homeschoolers getting together not having a good time but it looks like you all had a particularly good time.
Did you get any shots of Ultimate Frisbee or was everyone playing? :)
I do believe Lawrence has a good point about that game of Mafia. You can tell that Anna and I are honest and keep our eyes closed...we sure don't look like we knew that there was a camera around! :)
We did indeed have an absolutely splendid time!
Looks like a LOT of fun!!!!! Glad you had a good time.
Nice pictures Kaity! We had such a blast with you all! Ultimate Frisbee was so much fun; too bad we didn't get some pics of us playing. We will definitely have to do it again soon!
Great post Kaity!!
What a great time we had!!!
Very funny Lawrence! You'd make a great detective! :) Too bad you didn't find that out sooner, Then maybe you wouldn't have been killed so quickly in all the games we played. :)
What a great post! I love all the pics! You really captured the moments.
Chrissy mentioned that we should have got pics. of Ultimate Frisbee, Wow, those would have been really interesting photos!
And Lawrence we didn't cheat. We are all just really photogenic, and didn't want to look weird for the camera, and later be put on a blog.
You know Lawrence, we just sensed the rustling of the leaves as the photographer was walking around. :)
We all had an absolutely wonderful time!!
Nice pictures!! Like the one of Lizzie and Karisse! In one of the pictures, Lawrence looks like he's laughing pretty hard!!
Is this the 'Deep River Park' that is right next to the County Line Orchard? Just wondering, because we live about twenty minutes from there.
I am glad everybody enjoyed it!
I know our family "group" was thrilled with the day, and I hope everyone else had just as much fun!
Lawrence, although you would make a good detective, you make a lousy corpse! :oP jk, I really enjoyed playing against you in Ultimate Frisbee, you were quite the challenge to stop!
Brian, We will do our best to let you in on the info. if we ever do this again. (Which I hope we will someday!)
If our parents only knew that we played games that taught us how to lie and murder....maybe they wouldn't trust us so much! :o)
Seriously though, I am glad our parents can trust us enough to let us go have a day of activities with other young people and not worry about us behaving in any way that would embarrass them or dishonor the Lord!
Post a Comment