Actually guys, it IS pretty much impossible to get a picture of lightning unless you have some sort of light sensor activator!
The way I got this one, some of you may be able to do also!
My camera happens to have a pretty good clear video setting, and I simply video taped the lightning (Which isn't the easiest thing to do, but better than a shutter snap.) and took out the best frame as my picture....
Give it a shot if you camera has the right settings! It's a lot of fun to see all the different stages of a lightning strike in action!
Lol...that is so funny Jack because that's just what Jonathan was saying you probably did to get it. I've done stuff like that to with my ESTES Model Rockets since you can get some really awesome shots of the rocket right at the end of the launching pole with a full tail of flame behind it using that method which you couldn't get otherwise.
Lol, yeah I thought that was how you did it. The good thing about using video to get lightning is that you don't need very high quality in the picture, since there's usually only the lightning and just about everything else is dark.
7 comments:
Nice Jack...did you use prolonged exposure to get it or did you manage to snap it at just the right moment? :)
Wow. That's a good one! I tried one night a couple months ago, but didn't get anything worth keeping.
Good job, Jack. I really like that photograph. When are you going to start copy righting these pics?
Neat Jack! I've tried doing that before and never got anything! When are you opening a studio? :-)
Actually guys, it IS pretty much impossible to get a picture of lightning unless you have some sort of light sensor activator!
The way I got this one, some of you may be able to do also!
My camera happens to have a pretty good clear video setting, and I simply video taped the lightning (Which isn't the easiest thing to do, but better than a shutter snap.) and took out the best frame as my picture....
Give it a shot if you camera has the right settings! It's a lot of fun to see all the different stages of a lightning strike in action!
Lol...that is so funny Jack because that's just what Jonathan was saying you probably did to get it. I've done stuff like that to with my ESTES Model Rockets since you can get some really awesome shots of the rocket right at the end of the launching pole with a full tail of flame behind it using that method which you couldn't get otherwise.
Lol, yeah I thought that was how you did it. The good thing about using video to get lightning is that you don't need very high quality in the picture, since there's usually only the lightning and just about everything else is dark.
Post a Comment