KVYSO
Elizabeth has had the blessing this past year of being a part of the Kankakee Valley Youth Symphony Orchestra. (Say that name three times fast! :o)v
What is especially exciting, is that Lizzy was able to win one of the orchestra members for the Lord!
v
This picture was taken at their final concert for this school year.
15 comments:
>>What is especially exciting, is that Lizzy was able to win one of the orchestra members for the Lord!
Wow that is fantastic!! This makes the picture very appropriate in light of Matthew 5:14
Was this person formerly an atheist or did they believe in God but hadn't been saved?
No, he was not an atheist. He goes to the Catholic church with his family. Doesn't have very much knowledge of the Bible. He knew the basic story of Jesus coming to earth and dying...but he never knew you had to go directly to God to confess your sins and be forgiven, rather than a priest, as he has done. He said he had never heard about salvation in the way that I showed him.
I was thrilled that he accepted the Lord! He lives about 5 min. from our church, and we're REALLY praying that he'll come this Sunday.
BTW, I got to know him because we were stand partners for the first semester. He's our concertmaster (standing in the picture.)
Wow...this is amazing. Immediately before getting on and reading your comment, I was just writing a post to a Catholic boy on a forum Jonathan and I administrate about confessing our sins to God and how a person is saved!!
If you and Jack could pray that God would save this boy I'm writing to, I would really appreciate it because it seems like there is some hope for him and I'm praying that God will work a miracle, and save him as it seems he has saved the boy you were talking to.
Wow! What a privalige! And it's SO exciting to here about this member getting saved!!! How wonderful you must have felt!
:)Steph
That's great! 2 thumbs up!
That's wonderful, Lizzy!
Yes, David, we will certainly be praying for the boy you're witnessing to...and for you as well.
Let us know how it all works out.
Great job on witnessing to your fellow orchestra member! We're expected to be full-time witnesses, not just folks who put on the job of witnessing for dedicated soul-winning times.
Wow! What a privilege! Praise the Lord!
Liz, I was so glad to hear of your faithfulness in this way. I'll never forget the happy look in your face last week when you told me about it.
I've been praying and will continue to pray for you as you seek to be a light in a dark world. Stay faithful, dear friend!
Oh, those big bad Catholics...good thing you were there to save him from himself. (sarcasm)
Hi Anonymous,
I'm not sure what your point is... nobody called this boy a "big bad Catholic" or said that Elizabeth "saved him from himself", but rather rejoiced that she was able to witness to him and turn his heart to repent of his sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!
-Jonathan
Not saved from himself, saved from his sins! My dad was raised Catholic and I am surely thankful that someone led him to Christ and gave my siblings and myself the wonderful privilige of being raised in a Christian home.
Anonymous,
It's not being a Catholic that sends people to Hell, it's not knowing Christ as your personal saviour. If a church, whatever it's denomination, is failing to teach the Gospel, then it is failing to fulfill the role of a church.
good answers everyone, that's exatly what I would have said.
Steph
Post a Comment