Friday, August 31, 2007

An evening at the Coopers!

We recently had the privilege of getting together with the Sikmas and Coopers over at the Cooper's home.

Mom, ready to take off for the Cooper's

The girls had lots of good conversation.

(They kind of look like they are singing here though, don't you think?)


The Cooper's were very good hosts and everyone thought the personalized name tags were neat!


Rick, shading his eyes from the sun as it sunk towards the horizon.


Abbie and Liz got caught red-handed eating too many pickles! :oP



We young people played a game called "telephone-pictionary" What a blast!

Brian obviously got a kick out of the game!



Rick displaying his picture sequence.





Kait offers pencils to anybody who would like one! :o)


No, we were not bored, we just wanted a challenge, a photo duel. So we chose a very un-artistic subject to snap pics of......a plastic cup.


Here are a few of the attempts at making the cup look "artistic"


Arm wrestling was fun also! Drew was a lot stronger than the last time I had challenged him!

Drew won the left handed fight! (For those who don't know, he is left handed)



Eli and Jonathan had a go at it as well!


Krissy, Emily and Abbie...best pals!


And of course, the little kids found a never ending supply of "think-up-on-the-spot" games to keep them occupied.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I'm glad you all could come. I had a lot of fun (even though all I did was watch). :) I hope we can get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Wait...I'm confused. It says the post was written by Katie but then it says that Drew was alot strong since the last time "I" challenged him showing a picture of Jack arm-wrestling with him so did you both write the blog or did Jack forget to log into his own account before writing the whole thing?

Anyway, I love the photo duel (nice cameras both of you guys) and amazingly, that umbrella in the last picture is identical to a couple we have.

Kaity Gellos said...

Jack posted... not sure why it is saying that I did. It must have just previously been signed in to my account.?.

At any rate, I definitely was not the one challenging people in arm wrestling. lol. :-)

Kaity

Krissy Cooper said...

It was a fun evening! I'm glad you were able to make it. I think we need to make it a monthly thing for you and Sikma's to come over. We always have a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, if Kaitlyn was arm wrestling the guys and winning I wish I had known about it so I could have sean it!

It was great to see you guys and thanks Coopers for the hospitality.

Of course I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Rick (not that I didn't enjoy seeing everyone else, I've just not seen Rick in quite a long while). We could have talked all night! My brain was shorting out towards the end there after such a long day. I guess it's better to leave with more to talk about than to exhaust all topics and leave board. However, I sincerely doubt that I could actually exhaust all topics with Rick.

Anonymous said...

Spelling correction: "Seen" no "sean."

Karisse Wesco said...

It looks as if you all had an enjoyable evening!

I must say that I'm absolutely horrible at the game "telephone-pictionary". Some things are just too hard to draw (although, it is fun to see all the creative pictures when the game is over)! :)

The picture of Abbie and Liz is quite hysterical!

Krissy Cooper said...

Karisse,

I opted to just watch them play "telephone pictionary", and I think that was just as much fun as playing the game could be (I am an awful artist:-))! At the end when everyone reads the story and holds up the pictures is hilarious!!

Unknown said...

Telephone pictionary was so much fun! Thanks for teaching us how to play! Drew, Jonathan, Benj, and I all played a few nights ago (not as much fun as in a big group but we did have a fun time!). We went around the circle twice and managed to keep the papers in order most of the time. :)

Psalm 127:3-5