More Russia Pictures
-
We had a wonderful time in Ukraine and Russia. God was so good to allow this opportunity. It's definitely a trip that we won't forget!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here I am, with two sweet people from the youth camp. Mrs. Shrock is a missionary wife and Coleen's parents are missionaries also. L to R: Mrs. Shrock, me, Coleen
-
We rode the Metro several times. Depending on how many people were riding, the handle bars really came in handy.
We rode the Metro several times. Depending on how many people were riding, the handle bars really came in handy.-
-
-
Well, I don't have to explain what this little building was for... wow, nothing like the ones in the states, for sure!
Well, I don't have to explain what this little building was for... wow, nothing like the ones in the states, for sure!-
-
-
-
-
-
Their version of a trampoline. One child would "bounce" in the middle of the net. As you can see, it's quite a popular toy!
-
With Coleen and Cindy. We worked in the kitchen together at camp... not actually making the food, but setting tables and dishing up bowls.
-
-
-
Walking down a main street in Russia.
-
Our longest train ride was 17 hours. Some people had to see our passports whenever we crossed the border, whether that happened to be at 2:00 p.m or 2:00 a.m.
-
-
-
A driver/guide drove us up to the top of a mountain, near Yalta. It was kind of windy up there, but really beautiful temp. It was unbelievable to be able look down at all the sea, buildings, clouds. Absolutely amazing!
-
-
-
Jack and I, on top of the mountain. See the video camera? Jack was able to get some neat shots of different things in Russia and Ukraine.
-
They had banners up for some sort of celebration.
-
-
Yes, we visited Yalta! The history involved with that place made it special to be there. The museum was closed when we went, which was disappointing, but we were still happy to go and see the outside. Again, very beautiful place and scenery.
-
Yes, we visited Yalta! The history involved with that place made it special to be there. The museum was closed when we went, which was disappointing, but we were still happy to go and see the outside. Again, very beautiful place and scenery.-
This girl was a cutie. She couldn't say her K's, so I was immediately given the title, "Tait".
Hope you've enjoyed viewing these photos!








12 comments:
Wow! Neat pictures. I love the ones from the mountain! It's neat seing pictures from a different nation and culture...thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing pictures! The view from the top of the mountain is awesome!
Very fun pictures! I enjoyed looking at them. I think the ones from the mountain are the most popular...I really like them too! :-)
Glad you got back safetly, and it looks like you had a great time!
great pictures kaity. first time to visit the blog - pretty neat. The one with the 3 girls is probably the best.... jk
That's an awesome video camera you got there Jack...the thing I really like is that nice big external mic because that's one of the biggest problems with video from my camera is that you can't hear a word anyone is saying...
Does it record to tape or a hard drive?
Welcome home! Thanks for sharing, Kaity. The pictures are great!
Welcome home!!! Looks like you had a great trip! What great pictures! I love the ones on the mountain!
I did indeed enjoy the pictures, "Tait"-- and I loved getting to hear about the different places and people. :-) Thanks for sharing. I am so glad the Lord worked everything out for you to go! Can't wait to hear/see more!
That little girl at the end is so adorable!
David,
That was not my camera, but I ran it for the trip.
And yes, the shotgun mic. did help a lot! It extends the regular mic. from about a 3 foot range, to aprox. 15 feet!
To your second question, it was a tape recorder, not hard drive. (MiniHD)
The camera was nice and compact for being as nice as it was!
Maybe I can send you some of the footage I took!
Yeah that'd be neat...the only thing you'll need to watch out for is the size of the video since, from my experience, video from a DV Camera with tape can get pretty big. What I do is use Windows Movie Maker to record it off the camera onto the computer and then save it as a downsized WMV file. :)
Kaity, you look so bright and pretty in every one of those pics!!
Thanks for sharing all of those with us!!! I would love to be able to take a trip like that someday!!
Post a Comment