Saturday, December 09, 2006

Piano Recital
-
This afternoon was Emily and Jack's annual piano recital. For the opening of the program, they played a piano duet, with Liz on the violin.
There were 20 or so piano students, of all sizes and abilities. We heard everything from Silent Night, played one key at a time, to complicated classical pieces.
-
Getting ready to play the "Hungarian Dance".
-
Emily played "Jesus Loves Me Medley", arranged by Faye Lopez.
-
Jack played a bombastic version of "Rejoice, the Lord is King". This was also a Faye Lopez arrangment.
-

Lizzie, with Alexandra (a good friend), following the recital.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's great Jack!! One of my friends is also very good at Piano and has performed at several recitals and even teaches Piano lessons for a part time job.

I'm not much of a musical type person but it's great that there other people out there who do enjoy it and are very good at it. :)

Anonymous said...

Neat Photos!!

Anonymous said...

I can hear the music!
Love - Uncle Dean

Anonymous said...

LOL!! There you go again, Kaity.....using the word, "bombastic". :)
I'm sure they both did very well!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog via Courtney's Contemplations. Just wanted to say, I LOVE THE PIANO!!! We are actually getting ready to have a piano recital next Sunday at our church, where my dad is the new pastor.
I am the 2nd child of six; all girls except for the last one. He is 10 mos. old. WE ADORE HIM!!!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures! I'm sure it sounded wonderful! Mom likes Faye Lopez's arrangements. I haven't tried to many of them yet. The problem is...she plays them in church so I wouldn't be able too. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep tickling those livery's Jack wham attack, and some day you'll grow up to be...

Anonymous said...

Keep tickling those ivery's Jack wham attack, and some day you'll grow up to be...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure you all did a marvelous job!
The pictures were great!

Psalm 127:3-5