Handel's Messiah
We three oldest girls had the privilege of going to see Handel's Messiah performed, this past Friday. What an experience! None of us had ever seen it... in fact, I don't think I had even HEARD the whole thing before.
I must say that it is something else when they get to the "Hallelujah Chorus". Everyone stands and it is really just an awesome moment!
Indeed, He is Lord of lords and King of kings!

10 comments:
When we were in Kiev, Ukraine, we went to a Handel's Messiah! We loved it, too. I'm glad you 3 got the chance to go! =)
Thanks so much for taking a picture of it! I'm sure it was a wonderful thing to see and hear. Glad ya'll got to go!!
Goodness, now I'm jealous!! JK! :)
That is definitely very exciting! I'm so glad you had such a special time...I know that if it were me, I couldn't help but enjoy myself and feel awed as well.
I've had the privilege of attending concerts here in the area, but never Handel's Messiah. The concerts I've been to were definitely exhilarating to say the least!
So glad you got to go. Have a blessed day!
~ Karisse ~
We enjoy your pictures and comments Kaity & Jack
Write or come to see us! We love you! Uncle Dean and Aunt Arlene in Murphys, California
e-mail dapcs5@msn.com
The picture is amazing!
We found your blog through Courtney's Contemplations.
This is titled as "Jack's Blog" but I see that only girls have posted so in order to bring balance and a different perspective to the discussion I will post my thoughts.
1) Handel's Messiah, though normally thought of as a Christmas piece, is really a great piece of music for Christians the year 'round.
2) In my humble view I blieve that the Hallelujah Chorus is an example of the kind of music we will be singing in Heaven.
Ever wonder how you will not get over praising God for all eternity? A) Time will not exists so you don't have to worry about spending all that time. Time is a relative term that God and those in Heaven are not bound by. B) Do you really think that you will ever be able to get over praising the Trinity for what they have done for you, espcially in light of the fact that the music we will be praising the Lord with (I am not sure if we will be singing all the "time", but I do not doubt that we will spend significant amounts of "time" singing and making a joyful noies) will probably be of a higher caliber than even Handel's Hallelujah Chorus.
BTW: Where did you go to hear this performed?
Erratum
Yes, I do know how to spell, I just got in a hurry.
*noise
*exist
*believe
If I missed any more go ahead and correct me.
April,
That is neat you got to attend one in Kiev. How exciting!
Courtney,
Have you ever been to Handel's Messiah? Knowing you, you would simply love it, I'm sure!
Karisse,
I agree that concerts are, in general, "exhilarating"... that seems a good word to use. Don't you just go away thinking, "It would be a blast to be a part of something like that!"?
Uncle Dean and Aunt Arlene,
If only California were not SO far away, than we might be able to come visit. At least we can keep in touch this way!
Three sisters,
YES! We love Courtney's blog, and yours as well. We discovered you through her too!
Brian,
We saw/heard it at Olivet Nazarene University in Kankakee, right near where we go to church. I think almost all of the people on the platform were college students, except for the soloists (proffesionals).
Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, I'm positive that there will be glorious singing in heaven too!
-Kaitlyn
Kaity,
I heard the Messiah at a Christian college 7-8 years ago. I think I told you in a recent e-mail.......at least, I think it was you......
Neat!!! I would love to go hear that sometime!!!
TTYL!
Post a Comment