Friday, December 29, 2006

Highlights of Christmas Vacation...
-
Rick and David are preparing to head back to Florida this evening - the time always flies WAY too quickly over these school breaks!
We made a lot of fun memories while they were here... sometimes driving places and other times just spending time together at home.
-
The latest family picture
-
One day we went to town and took a whole
bunch of pictures... such a blast!
-

Our two "visitors".
-

Rick, teaching a 3-4-5 year old class at church.
-
David and Lizzie playing duets on Sunday - it was beautiful.
-

Visiting with Mrs. Hartman, a friend and neighbor of ours!
--
David and Luke, enjoying the unusually warm weather last week.
-

College buddies get a snapshot together.
-

Jack just obtained a new cell phone, so everyone was anxious to
see the new features. LtoR: Emily, Jack, Rick.
-

The oldest and the youngest.
-

David, Liz and I accompanied Rick's solo on our instruments.
-

Just playing around with the camara again.
Doesn't this look like a CD cover or something?
-

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is cool! I get to be the 1st one to comment on this!

It's really nice Kaity, (you did post this right?) Thank you for taking the time to do it. I had a blast chatting with you guys today! We certainly are a mess, aren't we?! =)

Looking forward to your (possilble) visit to RUSSIA!!! Thinking of you and praying for you,

Love Always,
April Showers

Anonymous said...

I know that some of those posts were done by Kaitlyn. How come they say, "Posted by Jack McDonnell"?

When Jack did that Blog update it might have changed that...

Signed,
Anonymous Jerk III

Anonymous said...

Really neat pictures, Kaity--as always. :-)
Russia--exciting! Kentucky is closer though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Who's the "Anonymous" in Kentucky trying to steal my guests???

:-)

Three Sisters Blog said...

The pictures look really neat!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a grand time with your visitors!

Anonymous said...

To the gentlewoman from Russia my most humble apologies. I seek not to steal your guests. :-)
Kaity and I have been talking recently about how it would be fun to get together. Thus, I did mention it all in jest. :-)

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Kaity,
Those pics were all really good!! I still need to load ours up on the photo blog.
If you think of us, please pray for we are still fighting sickness. :( :(
Have a blesses New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures...I particularly like that last one due to it's sort of unique angle and setting and everything. Like you say it looks like a CD cover. :)

Anyway Happy New Years to all you folks!!

Anonymous said...

In response to April's initial comment, she might have been the first to comment on this post but I get to be the first to comment this year. Lol...

Anonymous said...

Smart Alec... =)

Anonymous said...

a joke my dear girl... a joke =)

Anonymous said...

Hey April,

Just in case your last comment was directed to me (which I may be mistaken about) I just wanted to mention that I'm a guy. :D

And I definitely didn't take any offense about your comment as I figured you were joking and I'm very much accustomed to good-natured jokes of that nature as the oldest of 7 brothers (not to mention three sisters but their not usually the ones making the jokes...lol)

Anonymous said...

I figured it was a joke, April. I just wanted to make sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

I seemed to have gotten a few people mixed up here... lol

"Smart Alec... =)" (Intended for D3)
Also, I am the youngest of 4 in our family... 2 older brothers and 1 older sister... I feel your sister's pain... haha

AND

"a joke my dear girl... a joke =)" (Intended for Beth Ann)

Sorry for the mix-up...

Anonymous said...

Lol..alright well I'm glad that's all cleared up.

Anonymous said...

By the way, who are you, D3?

Do you have a blog?

Anonymous said...

Hey April,

I'm a highschool homeschool student who met Jack through Generation Joshua back in 2004. Since then we've kept in touch through e-mail and they even all came out to visit us once on their way to their grandparents. :)

I don't have a blog through Blogger but on my amateur software company's website (www.TrekSoftware.org) I do have a blog where I write about my current programming projects. :)

Daniel Devine said...

Hi McDonnell family,
Great to see the pics of your family. Hopefully, we can get together some time again. We enjoyed having you here for the Thanksgiving re-enactment.
In Christ,
The Devine family

Anonymous said...

Interesting!

Anonymous said...

check out our website, David.

www.donossewaarde.com

Anonymous said...

Hey that's neat you guys are missionaries. In what context did you get to know the McDonnell's?

@Jack: Sorry about this but it looks like this post is going to out-comment your ice skating one. You'd better hurry up and write another one so that you can reclaim the record for most comments. lol.

Anonymous said...

David,

I grew up at Faith Baptist Church in Bourbonnais, IL. At least up until I was 9 years old. That is when we left for Russia to be missionaries. Bourbonnais is where the McDonnells have been going for as long as I can remember. Hence, we know eachother from childhood.

Anonymous said...

So is this a comment page or a chat room? :-)

Joshua Briggs said...

Hey Jack,

I know you don't remember me though I remember you as a baby...man, does that make me feel old. Carrie and I had a great time seeing Rick last year at PHC in Virginia. Thanks for doing this blog and looking forward to seeing updates! The pictures came out wonderful!

Joshua and Carrie Briggs
http://jcbriggs.blogspot.com

Psalm 127:3-5