Thursday, November 02, 2006

From Seed to Stalk
Some folks say we live in the country, while other simply declare it "the sticks". I must agree with whichever you choose to call it, of course, seeing as the road is similar to an oversized sidewalk, the scenery is corn and bean fields, and the neighbors... hhmmm, what neighbors?
I think the whole process of the fields is rather amazing to observe. Here are a few pictures from throughout the summer and autumn months.















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's neat!! Is that wheat growing there?

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

In the first picture they are harvesting, it is soy beans.... in the second, that would be corn.
Yeah, it is pretty neat!

-Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

Oh I see...I thought the first picture sort of looked like the corn fields we have here in NJ. :)

BTW, we all enjoyed the e-mail your Mom sent with the pictures of the homeschooling dog family espescially the last picture...lol.

Brian said...

You know, I like the country. As I roll through the corn and bean fields I can't help but marvel at the greatness of God and the hardiness of the those who keep this country rolling. I guess I'm inspired by the country.

Pardon the political reference but I think Dick Nixon was right when he called the everday common folks the "Great Silent Majority". Teddy Roosevelt said that the greatness of our country could be found in the everday people who stick to the tasks that are before them and can be counted on to be there not matter what.

If I go away to the "city" I usually comment upon coming back into the country that is "Good to be back in civilization". You can wave at your neighbors as you go down the road, you can help them when times are tough, you can laugh when times are good.

-Brian Sikma

Anonymous said...

how come the link to "my church" doesn't work???

are you home churchers?

maybe you could try a link to a good church like this:

www.fbcbourbonnais.com

Anonymous said...

Still no link for "my church".
I guess I'll have to find another church. :-(

Unknown said...

Kaitlyn,

I enjoy living in the country! Having lived here for 9 years of my 13 years of life, I've kinda gotten attached to it. :)

TTYL,
Abigail

Psalm 127:3-5