Monday, November 13, 2006

Ready or not... here comes vacation!
-
The suitcases and clothes are beginning to fly this week, and the house is getting a good going over, as we prepare to leave for Iowa.
There is always a flurry of activity when it comes time for a family vacation. Some family members will be packed by Wednesday, while others will wait until a couple of hours before we take off on Friday. To each their own, as long as they are ready by the time Dad is pulling out!
14 people, multiple suitcases, musical instrument(s), purses, food, diaper bag, pillows and whatever else we happen to be bringing are carefully packed in by the master van loader, Jack. We all get in and then begins the drive... this time it will only be a 7 hour drive, which isn't bad.
-
A snapshot of Emmy and I, Jack took last week (in the van).

5 comments:

Daniel Devine said...

I couldn't find an email address on this site, but I wanted to tell you all thanks for coming out to "Plymouth Plantation" last Saturday. We hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we enjoyed your company. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet the rest of the family sometime.

Have a good trip!

Brian said...

Just want to wish you a safe trip! I found it humorous that some siblings are ready to go way in advance while others reason that there is no reason to rush the packing process. Our family has its early packers and late packers. Usually I am in the early packer camp. I am not ready days in advance but I try to be fully ready the night before. For the sake of my personal safety I will not say who is late! :-)

Anyway, have a safe trip.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Our family has it's "late" and "early" people too! I must say that I am one that would be packed by Wednesday! :-) And for the same reason as Brian, I'm not going to say who the late ones are. ;-) Have a really fun and safe vacation! ~Krissy

Anonymous said...

Yeah I've actually been in both camps. When I was younger, us boys would be packed for our summer vacation at least a month ahead of time. Of course by the time we were going to leave all our stuff was mysteriously no longer packed but we thought it was great we got to experience the joys of packing twice. Lol.

Now I usually am packed pretty much right at the deadline. :)

Unknown said...

Have a great trip!

Hope to see you soon!!

Psalm 127:3-5