In a comment from one of our readers:
It looks like you had a good time in Iowa! Hey Lizzie-do you have any videos of you playing the violin that you could post?
Well, I don't have any from Thanksgiving...but here's one of the songs I played that day. It's from a few weeks ago when we were practicing for church.
The sound quality is poor since it was taken on a digital camera.
11 comments:
Wow Liz! That was beautiful! I can tell that you have put a lot of hard work into being able to play like that. Way to go!
WOW! VERY good! I really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting it!
I know everybody else said the same thing, but...Wow! That was wonderful, Lizzy! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!
Nice double stops there, Liz! Great job!
Exceptional job, Liz! Keep up the good work on that violin!
Holy mackerel...pretty fantastic. It's so fun to see God-given talent like that. :-)
Good Job Lizzy! Hey you should record a Cd! Thanks for sharing it. You maybe wondering who I am so let me explain...We are friends of the Courter family who are friends of the Reed family and thats is how I came across you family blog:)Have a Great Day! Janalee
Lizzie, your playing is amazing!
Very uplifting as well. All three of you did a great job staying together. :)
Keep it up,
~Anna
Lizzie,
Let me challenge you to play your violin behind your head.. Something a little different, ya know?? I know you can take on that challenge as I watch your video and seeing how well you play. If you are wondering, I am a friend of the Coopers...
Brad
Great work on the violin! Sounds professional! :) Question regarding the Iowa trip - how do you play the card game Donkey? Looks like fun - but couldn't find rules to the game anywhere. Thanks.
Okay, 'Donkey' is a simple game.
But let's see if I can explain it in a simple way.
You take a set of cards with numbers, (Uno, Phase Ten, or whatever) and divide the stack evenly between all players.
Everyone holds their stack of cards face down in front of them.
The player to the right of the dealer, lays his top card and says 'one.' You go clockwise, everyone laying their top card on the stack and saying the consecutive number (two, three, four, five, etc.) as you go around the circle.
When you lay the same number as you’re saying, ( for instance, George lays a 5 as he is saying ‘five’) everyone slaps the stack.
Whoever is last to slap the stack has to take it and add it to their own stack.
If you keep playing, some one will end up with all the cards. This person is the “donkey.”
Once you get to the highest number in the set of cards, if no one has laid the ‘slapping’ card, start the counting over at one again.
A couple of other rules:
1. If you slap the stack at the wrong time, you have to take the stack.
2. You have to lay your card quickly so that you don’t have an advantage over other players, by getting a good look at it before laying it down.
3. If the game gets moving so fast that everyone misses slapping the stack at the right time, and the next card is already laid . . .it’s too late, and the game continues as if it was the incorrect number.
4. You have to decide yourself wether people who run out of cards are out of the game... or if they continue to watch, and slap at the appropriate times. The first way will make the game shorter, and the second...obviously longer.
Hope that's clear! :)
Liz
Post a Comment