Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner
v
Elizabeth and I decided that we would try to start a new tradition to spice up our Christmas celebration. We consulted recipes and grocery ads in order to get the fanciest (yet still affordable) Christmas Eve dinner for our family. We thought it would be nice for everyone to have a relaxing evening after all the busyness of the season.
v
Ingredients for Lizzy's all-vegetable soup.

Right before stirring it up...

Lizzy and I spent most of the day at the counter...

Fresh baked dinner rolls...

The younger children were wondering why we used Soooooooo much silverware! :o)

"Touch the rolls before dinner, and you die!"

The menu...

Partners in cuisine...

Appetizer: Tropical Crystal

Salad...

Mushroom/cheese tortelloni with broccoli florets and four cheese pasta sauce...

Drizzled fruit cheesecake...

Connor, after being served the first four courses, watched as we started to serve the cheesecake. Then, in a very full and weary voice, he said, "Cheesecake? I'll have mine tomorrow." Now you know a young boy is REALLY full when he refuses such a desert! :o)

The Entree: Bacon wrapped angus filet supreme...

I am sure that many of you who prepare meals for your family wonder at times if they really enjoyed the meal or if they are just being nice. Well, when I came out to make sure everyone was satisfied at the end of the meal, I got a pretty good indication that it was well received.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

5 comments:

Stepheny said...

YUM! Everything looks great! :) YOu both did a very nice job!

BTW,

I loved EMily's new look! Very pretty!

Steph

Anonymous said...

That's great Jack - it looks like you two really did a nice job!

Karisse Wesco said...

Wow, you both did an exceptional job! I'm glad to see you all enjoyed your Christmas.

Wesco said...

"I promise Jack, I won't touch those rolls!" [as I sneak around your back]. Hah! What a dare that is!

Anonymous said...

Lizzy,

Everything looked great! This is a bit off the subject, but when are you coming to Montana for you ski trip? :D The snow is great!

Lauren

Psalm 127:3-5