Thursday, September 04, 2008

Rick and I had the pleasure of meeting with some good friends to have a great time of hiking, fun and fellowship the day before Rick had to fly back to FL for college.

We had a great day, lots of fun and some very "iron sharpeneth iron" type conversations.

Some pics from the day:

L to R: Nathaniel, Drew, Rick, Brian, Timothy

Tim, trying to look like he was exercising more than the rest of the guys...(either that, or trying to get out of the picture.)

The beautiful, serene, calming, cool, shaded....mosquito terrorist training grounds!!


Still life...(no, we were not torturing Rick)

Nate...


Tim, contemplating the Tippecanoe river...


Brian, Rick and Tim...


View from the top of the fire tower...pretty awesome!




Drew...




All the guys at the top of the tower...(Either Brian was warm, or he REALLY got aggressive with the mosquito repellent!)



Lawrence refused to come down the rickety stairs while I was shaking them back and forth, so he just started taking pictures of me. Out of consideration for the poor camera, I stopped shaking the stairs.



The fire tower was one of the favorite stops on our hike for sure..



We always knew the law would catch up with Rick, we just didn't think the charge would be eating the last of the Sweet tarts!


Lawrence was trying make money by pretending like he was a talking parrot....unfortunately, the other hikers just wouldn't buy that story! (I think it was the camera around his neck that tipped them off that he was a fraud.)

Okay kids, here is why you should never eat licorice when there is a camera around :o) (Yes, I expect to be murdered in my sleep over this one!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, pretty sure they look like they are ready to hurt you Jack lol...Jess h.

Stepheny said...

I totally love the captions underneath the pictures! They are SO funny!

Steph

Anonymous said...

I know where you live. What type of death do you prefer?

Anna Joy said...

LOL. Timothy never changes. :)

Janai Fuentes said...

In the last picture, are they trying to be cool cats or something?;)

To Anonymous: I don't think that Jack wants to die just yet! Have mercy, Wesco!(I don't know which one it is!);)

Rhonda said...

Hi! I got on your blog from the Reed's. I have heard your name many times from people up there.
When I looked at this post I recognized one of the guys and thought he was a Wesco. Then I read the comments and had my suspitions confirmed. :) I recognize their family from MusiCollege.
Also, I take it that was Tippecanoe State Park? You said Tippecanoe River and then I recognized the fire tower. I live in Logansport so it isn't very far from TSP.

Rhonda Cosby

Rhonda said...

I just went to the Sikma's blog and had my questions answered. You can see the farm that belongs to one of the families in our church from the fire tower. I love the view from up there!

Stepheny said...

You could guess which person left the anonymous comment!!

lol :)

Steph

Psalm 127:3-5