Saturday, February 16, 2008

Guess what?
-
We're engaged!
-
On Thursday evening (Valentines Day), Brent Gellos asked me to be his wife. I was completely surprised and yes, completely delighted.

Our God is so good. We praise Him for bringing us together and leading in each step of the way. Our relationship would be nothing, without Christ.

Details, dates, and other posts pertaining to the subject will be posted, as time goes on. Thank you to those who have prayed for us and please continue to do so. We appreciate that tremendously!


The ring (it's gorgeous!)

Very shortly after the proposal. (We had gone on a double date, with Dad and Mom).

22 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations Katy and Brent!!! (You're going about the speed we did...now you just have to get married in 9 weeks! :D JK)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kaity! We're very happy for you!

Abigail said...

Congratulations! I can imagine how excited you must be! We just had a couple in our church get engaged this past December and it is so nice to see them so happy. You can read their story at:
http://sister-of-the-bride.blogspot.com/
I'm sure that the Lord has wonderful things in store for you! Again, Congratulations!

Anna Joy said...

Congratulations! How exciting!!! I'll be praying for you!

Karisse Wesco said...

Beautiful pictures!

Congratulations, Kaity! I'm so happy for you and Brent! May God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! i am really excited for you! Even though I don't know you or your family very well.... I've still been praying! :)

I will still be praying and asking that the Lord will lead you in the right direction!

Love in Christ,Stepheny

Hannah said...

Congratulations Kaity! I know how exciting engagement is(for some odd reason) :-) Just keep Christ first in everything! Isn't God good?

spyder-slayer™ said...

Congratulations!!!

Hicks Family said...

Congratulations! Along with Sepheny Weaver, I don't really know your family. I have heard lots about you though from the Sikma's and Wesco's. Also from looking at your blog! Marrige is a beautiful thing! So happy for you both!

-Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd comment on the pictures now, I really like the one of you holding the rose and the ring on your finger! It is beautiful!!!

Love,Stepheny

Charles Wesco Family said...

Congratulations, Kaity!!! May the Lord bless you as prepare to be a wife to Brent!! Enjoy your remaining days with your family--those will be special memories you can never replace. :)

Stephanie Wesco

Unknown said...

Congratulations, dear friend! I've been praying for you and will continue to pray for you!

Katie said...

Oh, Kaity, You're Beautiful!

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Brent!

Praying that all the preparations for the wedding will go smoothly!

So looking forward to it!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. May God bless you as your persue God's will for your lives.

Brian S.

Chrissy said...

Congratulations Kaity!!! I'm so happy for you and Brent.

I love the pictures of you both! You look radiant!

May God bless you both in the days ahead.

~Chrissy~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you and Brent will be very happy!!! God bless you both- Susanna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations cousin!!! We are so excited for you. Praying for you and Brent--

Janai Fuentes said...

I can't believe it! Congratulations!!
Hope to see you guys, again!

Mom said...

Oh Kaity,
I'm so excited for you. God's ways are so perfect. Enjoy this phase of engagement too. I hope some day our families get to really meet. May the Lord bless you as you two seek His face all the days of your lives.
Love,
Mrs. Reed

ps. Bethany is going to be jealous :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kaitlyn!
I am so very happy for you and Brent! Congratulations! I hope all goes well in the planning for the wedding! :)

God bless!

Love,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting to see how the Lord guides and directs in our lives! We're thrilled for you! :)

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

KATIE!!! I didn't even know you were courting!!
Congrats!!

Psalm 127:3-5