Mackinac Island!
Thanks to the generosity of the Katterman and Thacker families, I was invited to accompany them on a trip to Mackinac Island in north Michigan.
If you have never been there, you need to go. It is an amazingly peaceful island due to the fact that no cars are allowed. Only horses and bikes.
They are famous for their fudge and historic locations all across the island.
Oh and btw, Mackinac is pronounced "Mackinaw".
Main Street Mackinac.
Noah and Ethan trying to figure out how to beat the high score.
Ethan loved to use my camera whenever he got a chance.
Amanda on Main Street
I think this little curly headed blonde could steal anyone's heart. She definitely got mine! :o)
Rick and Mr. K out on the fairway
Amanda used my 20D as well to get some extra pictures of our trip.
Lexi and Noah...
Apparently, Ethan is an expert at doing "big eyes" :o)
The Thacker girls at British Landing
It's the Kattermans!
We were on bikes quite a lot that week!
Ethan and Reid.
She was determined to show me that her foot was dirty, so I went ahead and took the picture that way. I love how honest little kids are!
The whole Thacker clan.
Rick at the old stockade.
She loved taking pictures with Alyssa's camera!
She hunted around until she found this clover and picked it for her "momwy" :o)
Awww, what a cute couple!
A shot from above looking down on Main Street.
A little friend that kept running around and "posing" for me.
To see more pictures from the trip, check out my photography blog at:



























7 comments:
Looks like you have a girlfriend, Jack. :) Nice pics, bro!
Yes, I've been there! Such a beautiful place! I'd love to go back sometime because we were only able to go for one day. :( It deffinetly needs more than one day to see everything!
BTW, yes, the fudge is AMAZING!
Steph
Soooooo,
Did you drive right by our house? We live right on Us 31 on the west side of the state. Or did you go up the center of the state on US 131?
A girl I went to school with has a house and a shop on the Island.
Did you get some fudge?
The locals here call people who come north to vacation "Fudgies" :)
Jim Reed
We drove up the middle of MI on the way there, and more towards the lake on 31 on the way back.
Unfortunately due to my work schedule, we were not able to stop. :o( If I had the time to, I would've!
And yes, I tried the fudge and it is very delicious, so does that make me a "fudgie"? Not sure that I like that name. ;o)
Oh, and Rick....I do have a major crush on her, so don't tease me too much! ;o)
And if one eats too much fudge...they would be a pudgie-fudgie! ;-)
it was soooooo cute today Jack,we watch the Katterman kids, your GIRLFRIEND :P:P ask about
you!!!!!!! She said were's Jack?????? I MISS HIM!!!!<3<3
it was sooooo cute:P
~Amanda
Post a Comment