Friday, November 20, 2009


--God has given Jack, Emily and I the opportunity to be a part of a string orchestra that has just come together this year.
There are fourteen young people in Savos Strings (twelve of whom are pictured above) whose ages range from 23 to 13. --

--Our first concert is coming up soon, on December 5th. We'll be playing Christmas carols in the Tippecanoe Mall in Lafayette, IN --

--The word "Savos" means Saved --

--Updates will be put on the Savos Strings blog. So be sure to check it out, and leave a comment to let us know what you think--

--Our Christmas concert has 12 selections which include, seven orchestra pieces, three string quintets, and two piano duets--

--Ten out of the fourteen members of our group are also pianists--

--It's really amazing the way that God has allowed us to come together as a group. At the beginning of this year, I only knew five of the people who are now involved in this project. (And two of those five are my own siblings)--

--It's been so much fun getting to know everyone as we rehearse each month--




--We're looking forward to performing together throughout 2010. I can hardly wait to see what God is going to do with Savos Strings! --

6 comments:

*~Virginia~* said...

WOW!!! How cool is that!!?!?!?! I'm sitting here looking at the pictures, and then I notice JACOB BONNEMA! I totally didnt know you guys knew him! Lizzie, did you know him when you all came to camp???

Elizabeth McDonnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth McDonnell said...

Actually, no, I didn't meet Jacob at camp. I knew who he was, because my roommate played in his quartet, but we never talked and he didn't know me at all.

Then I found out he lived only an hour from my house, and we really needed a cellist for our string orchestra.

Soooo, long story short, Jacob came to the first Savos Strings rehearsal never having met a single person in the group. :)

It was so neat the way God worked it out though!

-- Liz

Hartley Family Blog said...

That is so awesome! I would love to do something like that! Unfortunately there aren't enough young musician around here. :( Maybe l'll just have to come play with you some day!!!! That is really cool that Jacob can play with you, I only talked to him a little at camp but I really enjoyed it and he is REALLY good on the cello!

Miss you,
Flynn

*~Virginia~* said...

Yeah, that is really cool!!!!!
A group like that would be awesome to play with!

J.H said...

That's excellent news!
Well, even though I am in UK (and desperate for some Godly music, very difficult to find here) I would be glad to spread the news around :-)
if you don't mind I will be putting up the link to your blog on mine : kjvchristianwallpapers.blogspot.com

Psalm 127:3-5