Office Pets...sort of

Mama rabbit decided that the best place to make her nest was in half-inch high grass 15 feet away from the highway in the front yard of my office.

A few days later, I almost stepped on this little guy, hidden in a pocket of grass.

His only sibling chose to hide underneath a rock that I use as a door-stop.

A few days later, they had lengthened out, and one took off.

This guy almost got run over by the mower when I cut the grass today!

After a lively chase (for being that small, they can sure run!) I finally caught him. I took a few pics, then turned him loose at a safe distance from the mower.

The End.
5 comments:
aww! I love rabbits, but my family hate them (they chew off all of the tops of our produce!) :)
One time (when I was little) I caught a wild one and kept it.....
Lol, nice. We had a similar experience recently. In our case, a rabbit decided to make her nest right inside our garden, under some bean plants. We didn't notice until one day my mom was picking some beans and noticed several glowing pairs of eyes staring back up at her! :P There were five pretty small baby rabbits in there, and we managed to catch all of them (they sure could run, though). We kept them for a while, but some of them died from sickness and the others never really became tame, so we let them go.
-Jonathan
That's great Jack - livens up your day at work probably. :)
My Dad had something similar at his work where a goose had her babies within this fairly small enclosed area (the building surrounded a square of lawn). Unfortunately, it seems like a Hawk came and ate up the gosslings.
Hare now!
Uncle Dean
Aww... Cute! We raise rabbits, but I've never had any contact with wild ones. Adds excitement to your day though! Take care!
Post a Comment