Holiness Conference 2009
Elizabeth and I thoroughly enjoyed the Christ Life Conference at Falls Baptist Church. The messages challenged us to live more like Christ every day by the power of His Spirit.

Sorry, I didn't take any better pictures inside the church out of respect for the speakers and interest in the music, however, here is a blurry shot of Pastor Wayne Van Gelderen (on the left) with Bro. O'Gorman from Ireland (right)

The choir and orchestra did an amazing job of proclaiming the truth of the Bible through song.

Left to right: Drew, myself, Mark and Benjamin.
v
I had the pleasure of meeting Mark at the Wesco's church during the chalk art classes taught by Matthew Bowman.
v

We also got to meet a few more members of the Burtt family for the first time as well as Breeze and Justin. A big thank you to the Burtts for inviting Drew and myself over to their table at the banquet after we arrived too late to get a table.

Surprise! I've got a camera! :o)

LtoR: Clara, Esther, Abbie, Lizzy

Lunch break in the dining hall...

College Day chapel...

Hilarious skits about researching prospective colleges...

The little Sikma clan gathered around to see my pics of Chicago.
v
Thank you to the Sikmas and Criswells for letting us be a "part of the family" for a few days and setting us up with a place to stay. It was nice to be that close to the church too!
v

Lizzy and Faith
4 comments:
Looks like you had fun!
I'm so glad you got to go!
It was good to spend time with you over the conference week. We enjoyed having you as "part of the family" as well!
btw: Great pictures of Chicago Jack.
Jack,
Can you tell me more about this conference that you attended? I'm familiar with RC Sproul's Ligoneer Ministries' Holiness of God conferences though I haven't heard about this one.
I would encourage you to attend the Shepherd's Conference at Grace Community Church in Simi Valley (John MacArthur). Wow, talk about a drinking from the fire hydrant of spiritual truth! I'm sure you would love it.
Another opportunity only happens every other year in TN...the Together for the Gospel conference. Another spiritually refreshing time!
Joshua
Joshua,
I don't really know how to describe it in words so well without writing a book, but...I can say that it was very good with a strong emphasis on living in the Spirit and letting the life of Jesus be lived through your body.
You can see a little more about it at Baptist College of Ministry's website.
Post a Comment