Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rick's Senior Recital

The Philips family from Georgia spent the evening with us.
v

Abran Miller, a good friend of Rick's, sang a duet with him, a beautiful arrangement of "Amazing Love."
v
We were so happy that Jared Gellos was the man to do the recording on Tuesday evening.  The DVD that we received of the recital was enjoyed by the children when we got home.
v

I am so thankful for Rick's life and testimony.   He sang one song as a tribute to us and of course, what could I do, but CRY?   We didn't know the song was part of the program until that night.
v
David Chin accompanied Rick on the piano.   What an incredible pianist - he arranged four of the songs for this performance.  I always tell David that someday when he gets famous, I'm going to say, "I know who David Chin is; he stayed at our house one Christmas and worked on one of his music arrangements on our piano."  
v
Rick & Bethany
v
I really enjoyed meeting this young man named Ben.  Rick said he is an 'encourager' to people.
I wish we would have had more time to visit with him.

Thursday Evening at the Beach

We went down by a beach to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
Rich was on this pier to get the perfect picture of a seagull, on a post, and the sunset.
v


Our wonderful host & hostess, Mike and Jill Gellos.  
v




Mike & Jill showed us this fun restaurant called, "La Hacienda" where the food was delicious and we were too full to even order dessert.
v
Fine Arts on Friday Evening

Rick bought flowers for Bethany and me -- awww, what a guy!
  
Anthony Kearns, one of the Irish Tenors, performed that evening, along with his pianist, Patrick Healy.  What an incredible voice God has given Anthony!  Mr. Healy was comical during his monologues, and their Irish diddies were delightful.  Rich took this picture after the concert, before they had to catch their ride to the airport. 
The young lady next to me is Sarah, Bethany's cousin.
v 
The Crowne Center is a lovely church building.  There are many crowns, verses on the walls, and decorations incorporated that honor the Lord, as the King of Kings.  
v
My Sweetheart & I 
v

We enjoyed the time we spent with Rick & Bethany during the week.  

2 comments:

Kaity Gellos said...

Great post, Mom! Sooooo, now I miss you all over again. :-) We're glad you had a nice time in Florida.

You look LOVELY at fine arts... I really like the necklace and earrings combination. When did you get those? You and Dad make a stunning couple.

Bethany and Rick look cute too, of course.

Love you!

Kaity

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn,
Thank you; you're so sweet.
Dad bought me that jewelry set while we were in Florida. We enjoyed our days 'off.' It was refreshing, and I was ready to come back and get to work again. You have a wonderful Dad, but you already knew that!

Psalm 127:3-5