Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Recent Randomness
-








8 comments:

Wesco said...

I just can't get over you all's roads there! How often does the street department come and work on them?

Karisse Wesco said...

Oh, I just love that tree of blossoms. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Is that chicken pox?

Anna Joy said...

Come visit us, Timothy, and their roads will look GOOD.

Katie said...

Love all the pictures! Nathan is too cute. And I had to agree with Karisse that flowering tree is so beautiful! I love Spring when everything is in bloom.

Anonymous said...

Wesco Journalist,
I think there is a bit of a 'battle' over our road...our community will take over the upkeep if the state will repair it FIRST; the state doesn't look like they are going to repair it anytime soon. The 'repairs' consist of a state truck coming along once in awhile and throwing down some black tar to fill in the gaps in the road. Well, on the bright side, that means that no one really wants to tear down the road too fast.
This winter, when our road was blocked with snowdrifts on a Sunday, the county roads were all plowed....and ours was still under major drifts. I called the state and asked if we would get a truck down here anytime soon to plow. They sent one about 45 minutes later and we had the road cleared about 4 in the afternoon that Sunday. We couldn't go anywhere until it was plowed. I think this road is probably one of the last on the priority list, but it's been GREAT for bike riding and rollerblading for the kiddoes! :-)
People can't believe that it's only one lane and they get a kick out of seeing us when we have to get over to the side when another car is coming the opposite direction. Ah, wouldn't trade anything for this country life -- I mean it! Most people wave at each other as they are passing. It's just GREAT. Mrs. McD.

Anonymous said...

anonymous,

you are correct in your assumptions.

7 cases in all within the past two weeks. :o)

Unknown said...

I wish our younger kids would get chicken pox! :) We tried a couple weeks ago but nothing happened! The six oldest have had it (we got it when Anna was a baby) but the four youngest haven't had it yet.

Psalm 127:3-5