Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Eli's Birthday!

Eli had his birthday party last night! I can't believe that he is growing up so fast, it hardly seems possible that he is already twelve! He really enjoyed the pro. basketball he got from grandma and grandpa!



Eli isn't a big cake or chocolate fan...so he chose Schwann's "Key Lime Pie" for the desert. everybody seemed to like it just as much as the normal "Grandma's Moist Chocolate Cake"!

Eli is our strawberry lover of the family (He tends our strawberry patch)...so he got strawberry ice cream with the pie! Mmm-mm!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to give the impression my life's ambition is to the first commenter on all of Jack's posts but I just had to say that the basketball Eli got is the exact same one I have!! That's so amazing...

You can tell Eli that he's got himself a seriously good ball there and the evidence is seen plainly in the second picture as you notice who's holding it...lol.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!

I remember turning twelve. I was so aggravated that the word "twelve" didn't have the word "teen" crammed into it somehow! :)

It looks like you had a great time. You have a wonderful family!

God Bless you in your twelfth year.

April

Jack McDonnell said...

My birthday present to Eli was taking him out to our local gym the next day while nobody was there to try out his new ball on a good court.

It is a VERY nice ball..great grip and a nice feel!

Jack McDonnell said...

David that is great that you guys won your robotics contest!!

I can't wait to see if you take first at the Georgia International Meet!!

Keep stacking up those trophies!

Anonymous said...

Eli has good taste!
Sounds like me. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack,

Thanks...we're all looking forward to Georgia. :)

Our grandparents made some very generous donations to the team along with one other team member's grandparents so we now have over half of the money we needed to raise. Also, several other companies are considering sponsoring us as well so it's really exciting.

Anyway that's nice you took Eli to the gym...I can imagine it was just fun for him to have time playing basketball with his older brother. :)

Psalm 127:3-5