Tuesday, September 19, 2006

From A-B-C to Algebra

Isn't this "fall-is-almost-here weather" super? It is perfect for walking, and outdoor activities. I think this is my favorite time of year. Cool enough to slip into a sweater, but not exactly COLD enough to need a coat.
By the way, this is Kaity posting again, not Jack.
These first weeks of school have gone really well for everyone, and we are still "surviving" the more scheduled layout that we're trying this year.
Thought I would post a few pictures of the kiddoes. I have been able to work with Mindy this year, which I love.
I enjoy working with the little guys. They come up with some of the most interesting questions, sometimes school-related and other times having nothing to do with it whatsoever!
I think the redheads are especially amusing at times, because of the abundance of exuberance they seem to possess. :)

Mindy, studiously preparing her next term paper.
-
Lizzie, taking on the challenge of Algebra.

One of Emmy's favorite places to
study and read is her bed.

Mindy asked me the other day, "How long will it be until
I go to college?"

Here is Eli, helping Aiden out with some Bible memorization.

7 comments:

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Kaity,
Thanks for sharing this link with us!
The school pics you posted were really cute and........I LOVE EMMY'S PILLOW!!!! :)-


Courtney

Wesco said...

I read the first sentence and thought, "This is not Jack!"

Sometimes I wonder how much of "Jack's Blog" is Jack's blog. Maybe it should be renamed, "Jack's Blog; with contributions and editions by his family!"

Anonymous said...

Hey Wesco,

I'm pretty sure all the blogs are by Jack except for the two explicitly by Katie.

BTW, that's neat how Eli and Aidan help each other with scripture memorization. :)

Just out of curiosity which passage are they memorizing?

Last year we were memorizing Matthew 5 and this year we've been doing various passages (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 was the last one).

Anonymous said...

d3,
Eli was actually helping Aiden with a 'goal card' for a program at church called, "King's Kids."
There is lots of Scripture memorization for that program.

Our daughter, Elizabeth, works with all of the younger children in the mornings on various verses for memorization; the children are working on the book of Psalms also, a chapter at a time.
So far, they have memorized the first nine Psalms and working on the tenth chapter.

This school year is going great.
Our best one yet!

Unknown said...

Kaitlyn,
I love Mindy's comment on "How long will it be until I go to college?"
It reminds about my cousin Timothy Hawkins (6). When he heard Brian was driving, he figured out how long it was until he would start driving. It is "only" 12 more years!!! :-)

Abbie

Brian said...

Wesco Journalist, I had the same thought that you did when I read the first sentence. I noted two things, 1) The whole phrasology was different, and 2) I have yet to meet a guy that uses a different font color and type than the default unless he is responding to an e-mail and wishes to clarify who said what.

Brian

Anonymous said...

You all are simply amazing! I knew your mom when she was your age, and it's great to see what she's been up to. :)
I'm a close friend of your Aunt Nancy's. A few weeks ago I got to visit her and your Eddy grandparents, and I was "introduced" to each one of you through the pictures they have.
I, too, enjoy the fall and the colors. The autumn in TN is as pretty as the ones in CT, as pretty at the ones in MO. God is wonderful to let us enjoy the beauty of His creation!
Thanks for this peek. It's very encouraging, on many levels!

Psalm 127:3-5