Thursday, September 07, 2006

My first car...(For "real" this time)
Yes...this is my beauty, my baby, my one and only set o' wheels!!
Yes, I know....beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you have to admit, this vehicle is a very versatile automobile with the choice of either housing two bench seats for passengers (very important in a large family like ours) or removing the seats for a wide storage area for tools. (Important to me :o)
Truly this baby is worthy of the title "Mother of All Mini-Vans" with it's large hydraulic rear loading door and powerful 6-cyl. engine. One more reason for it to be called "Mother of All Mini-Vans" is because.............
It's OLD ENOUGH to be the "Mother of All Mini-Vans" :-) JK!!
I like my new van, but when I first ran a check over it to see what needed to be fixed and refilled, I was surprised at my findings. Nothing major though,...I just had to: refill the windshield wiper fluid, change the oil, get the transmission flushed, vacuumed and spot removed the carpets and floor mats, wash and waxed the outside, have a welding job done on the driver's door that wouldn't latch, spray odor eliminator throughout the whole vehicle, clean the inside of the windows and all the vinyl and rubber inside, refill the power steering fluid and brake fluid...etc
So now I am ready to hit the road with my very own car, although gas prices make it a little less desirable to go take a cruise "just for fun" nowadays'

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's not bad at all Jack for a first car!! Very nice. Sounds like you've done some good work on it and the nice big interior is also an advantage as well since you'll be using it, as you say, for your window cleaning and such. :)

Psalm 127:3-5