Sunday, August 20, 2006

MusiCollege 2006!!

MusiCollege has come and gone again, and it was a great few days of learning and fellowship!

With classes on all sorts of different music studies, I had a hard time choosing between a few of them, but overall, I REALLY enjoyed the teachers of my classes and how they presented their unit studies.

Also... a note of thanks to the Wesco family for preparing the delicious lunch and supper both days of MusiCollege for several families including ours.

I WAS going to include a picture of all the families that met at Wesco's house for supper, but due to my computer acting funny....I didn't get my post on soon enough, and a certain other blogger stole my thunder!! Check it out at http://www.wescojournal.blogspot.com/




Above: a picture (excuse me,... 5 pics) of the beautiful auditorium at Community Baptist Church where MusiCollege was hosted. (Sorry about the small size,...our computer had to have it compressed to load correctly onto blogger.com)





Here is a picture from quite awhile back...when Patch still had brown hair! :-)




And a more recent one, except Rick is a little too big to be sitting in his lap this time! :-)




The choir loft was enlarged by covering the whole platform with chairs, and we STILL had trouble making all 400-some of us choir members fit!!





Ron Hamilton was definitely my favorite teacher at MusiCollege. He seemed very sincere about his work,... and yet he wasn't irritated at other's lack of musical skill. (At least he didn't let it show!)



The last night at MusiCollege was quite interesting because the parking lot was full and overflowing when everybody left from the evening concert. To keep out of the heavy traffic rush, we just HAD to stay and talk with our friends until the parking lot cleared out.....what trials we must endure!! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that picture of the auditorium very interesting. How did you compile those 5 pics into 1?

BTW: I will pose this question to the waiting world: Does Patch look better in the earlier photo or the more recent one? How about Rick?

In order to prevent any offense to any party I will refrain from answering the questions that I posed above.

It was great seeing you all at MC though and I really enjoied Dinner at the Wesco's.

Anonymous said...

Personally I think Patch looks better in the earlier one and Rick looks better in the more recent one.

BTW Jack, that's really neat you got to meet Patch as I've seen several of his CD's on Old Christian Radio. :)

Jack McDonnell said...

I would have to agree with D3 on the pics.

Brian, I used MGI Photovista version 2.02 to put those pictures together. It is designed specifically for making panoramic pictures out of multiple shots.

David, I got your DVD and our whole family watched it together.
Very neat!! Your films are getting a little bit better every time!! I bet you really apreciate the films that you watch more than the average viewer!! You know what it takes now!!

Anonymous said...

Yep your absolutely right. I am permanently afflicted with the "How did they do that?!" syndrome. :D

I simply cannot play a Computer Game or watch a video now without wondering how they do all the various effects.

To a large extent, that's why we made The River so that we could try out the scale model dam, real rock slide, computer animated plane crash, and some other neat effects.

Oh, you haven't sent me an e-mail right? Because recently I've had some problems with my accounts so I want to make sure you didn't send me something and I didn't receive it.

Psalm 127:3-5