Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Useful Tool
v

Unused and rusty, ugly and dusty,
Alone on a shelf it sat,
It looked quite useless and was half hidden,
by an old and battered felt hat.

The dirt on the tool was the grime of constant sin,
The dull blade was the dullness of conscience within,
The rust was from no use of God’s Holy Word,
The hat was the shield of sinners, an ungodly world.

Then one day the Master came,
and picked up that old rusty tool,
He cared for it, lovingly restored it,
In order to use it for good.

He washed it with His own precious blood,
He oiled it with the power of His Word,
He sharpened it by the might of His Spirit,
And made a place on His workbench for it.

Oh let me be a bright and ready tool,
Always letting Him lead and have the rule,
Over my life, my thoughts, my ways,
So that I can live for Him through all my days.

Oh let me be a useful tool, this is my one plea,
Let me not look back on wasted time with pride or envy,
I will let Him clean and sharpen me every day,
So that I will let Him have his perfect and wonderful way.

Oh Lord, make me a useful tool!
v

2 comments:

Thackers said...

Is that a stock photo, or do you own that bench plane?

Rick

Unknown said...

That is a picture that I snapped of a plane that I found out in my workshop.

Actually, it is three pictures put together....but that is a long story! :o)

Psalm 127:3-5